1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors
Personal information is information or opinion from which an individual’s identity may be ascertained. The nature of personal information collected by Jewell Investments Pty Ltd generally comprises of an individual’s name and contact details (including address, phone, and email).
Jewell Investments Pty Ltd does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for Jewell Investments Pty Ltd to perform one or more of its functions and activities.
Jewell Investments Pty Ltd will destroy personal information when it is no longer required for such events, functions, activities, compliance and any other related business use.
Jewell Investments Pty Ltd will generally collect personal information from you directly.
Any and all websites and online platforms used and owned by Jewell Investments Pty Ltd automatically collect and/or track the following:
(1) the home server domain names, IP address, email addresses, type of client computer, and type of Web browser of visitors to our websites and online platforms,
(2) the email addresses of visitors that communicate with us via email,
(3) information such as personal, financial or demographic information, knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms, surveys, and sweepstake entries, and
(4) information on what pages, interests etc visitors access via external sources.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal data collected by Jewell Investments Pty Ltd will be used for editorial and feedback purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, for a statistical analysis of users’ behaviour, for future product development, for content improvement, to inform advertisers as to how many visitors have seen or clicked their advertisements, and to customise content and layout of all Jewell Investments Pty Ltd’s websites and other online platforms. Data collected is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
Jewell Investments Pty Ltd will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which the personal information was initially collected. Jewell Investments Pty Ltd may also use that personal information for a purpose related to but not limited to, being added to our databases and used for future emails, calls and mailings regarding website or online updates, new products and services, upcoming events, status of orders placed online or anything else deemed fair and appropriate.
Financial information collected may be used to check the user’s qualifications for registration, to bill the user for products and services, to notify the user of relevant taxing and regulatory authorities regarding payments or prizes.
Demographic and profile data collected is used to tailor the visitor’s experience at our site, enabling us to present content we think they might be interested in. Jewell Investments Pty Ltd uses customer contact information to send the user information about the company and promotional material from some of our strategic partners. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact him or her in the event to notify the relevant taxing and regulatory authorities regarding payments or prizes.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
Jewell Investments Pty Ltd may contract out to third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing.
Jewell Investments Pty Ltd may however be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:required or authorised by law;
required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety
Generally, Jewell Investments Pty Ltd will retain your personal information within Australia and not use or disclose it overseas. However, on some occasions the information may need to be transferred overseas in order to perform any one of the businesses functions, events or activities. In these circumstances, Jewell Investments Pty Ltd will use it’s best endeavours to ensure that your personal information will receive protection similar to that which it would have if the information were in Australia.
4. Direct marketing
From time to time Jewell Investments Pty Ltd may send you information regarding events, functions or activities.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please unsubscribe using any unsubscribe option provided or contacting Jewell Investments Pty Ltd directly to inform of your request. Jewell Investments Pty Ltd will take immediate steps to ensure that you do not receive any direct marketing information in future.
5. Data compliance
All data will be held in compliance with the following;
1. Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject
2. Collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
3. Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed;
4. Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, is erased or rectified without delay;
5. Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject;
processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
6. Your rights under GDPR (General data protection regulation)
Under the GDPR, you have:
the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Jewell Investments Pty Ltd;
the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
be informed of what data processing is taking place;
the right to restrict processing;
the right to data portability;
object to processing of your personal data;
rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (#7 below)
7. Automated decision-making & profiling
In the event that Jewell Investments Pty Ltd use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on you, you have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Jewell Investments Pty Ltd.
The right described in section 14.1 does not apply in the following circumstances:
The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
The decision is authorised by law; or
You have given you explicit consent.
Where Jewell Investments Pty Ltd use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including it’s significance and the likely consequences;
Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
8. Changes to this Policy